This page lays bare every detail about hemp oil you’ve ever been curious about
What is Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil is a natural oil that can be extracted from all the parts of a cannabis plant except the roots. Hemp seed oils for pain get extracted from the seeds of hemp plants through cold pressing the hemp seeds, which have shown a positive effect as a pain reliever.
Hemp seed oils are light to dark green in colour and have a nutty flavour. Besides the fact that hemp seed oil both get extracted from cannabis plants, what differs between them is the composition of THC.
The composition of THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is higher (around 28%) in cannabis and lower (0.3%) in hemp, making it safe for use.
Process of Hemp Oil Extraction
The hemp oil has to go through a series of steps before it becomes available for final use. First of all, oil should be extracted from industrial hemp and then it’s refined and distilled from the hemp plant.
Benefits of Hemp Oil
Hemp oil can provide your body with a calming effect and has various health benefits. From relieving chronic pain to anxiety disorders, let’s discuss some of the health benefits of hemp oil.
- Pain reliever – Hemp oil for pain has been one of its popular modern usages. It is especially preferred by those who don’t wish to opt for strong medications.
- Improves sleep – According to a report by the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, about 40 million Americans suffer from lack of sleep like insomnia. As per the research, it has been concluded that using hemp seed oil for sleep can be one of the safer alternatives to ensuring restful sleep.
- Fights anxiety disorders – Many researchers became curious about using hemp oil for the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders and concluded in their reports that using hemp oil for anxiety can be very much effective. As per the 2019 report, hemp oil has a calming effect on the nervous system that reduces stress and anxiety among people suffering from mild to severe disorders.
- Rejuvenating skin – The oral consumption of hemp seed oil improves skin conditions such as symptoms of eczema and acne. The use of hemp oil for skin Australia also strengthens the skin to resist other infections.
- Healthy heart conditions – As per the studies, hemp seed oil has linoleic acid that is significant in lowering the total cholesterol level, reducing the risk of heart attack, high blood pressure, etc.
- Inflammatory muscles – Hemp oil can also help in releasing the stress and tension of muscles resulting from excess exercise. Rubbing the hemp seed oil on tight muscles relaxes them.
- Helps in controlling seizures – The hemp oil is scientifically proven to reduce seizures in childhood epilepsy like Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome or those due to tuberous sclerosis complex.
Dosage of Hemp Oil
Hemp oil can be used as per the health benefits one wants to achieve. You can drink hemp seed oil directly or mix it with any other food item. Replacing olive oil with hemp oil for cooking is also one of the options.
However, researchers believe that using three tablespoons of hemp seed oil per day provides a ratio of 3:1 fatty acid, required for a healthy diet.
Cautions about Hemp Oil
Despite having so many health benefits, one must be cautious while using hemp oil as it might pose some concerns as well. As per the reports of the FDA, some of these concerns include:
- Slower brain activity when used with alcohol.
- Causes some serious side effects when used in combination with certain medications.
- Mood swings such as irritability or distress.
- Infertility in males.
- Reduced appetite or diarrhoea.
- It may cause liver damage.
- Inaccurate labelling of compounds used in hemp oil.
Considering the potential side effects, it is always advisable to look for some professional help in case you are suffering from any health conditions before opting for hemp oil.
While shopping for hemp oil, it is suggested that you should always check for the certification of analysis from its lab testing and purchase it from trustworthy sellers only.
Whether it’s chronic pain, inflammation, low blood pressure, or anxiety disorders; the benefits of hemp oil can’t be denied.
Mr Hyde Hemp Oil believes in a no compromise approach when it comes to your health and has a team of expert scientists to harness the natural power of hemp. The products used at Mr Hyde Hemp Oil, are extracted using a unique formula resulting in the purest hemp oil in the USA.